Sunday, May 27, 2007

10 Years and Counting...

My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this month. On May 24th, 1997, in a Baptist Church in Long Island, NY, we shared our vows before family and friends and in the presence of God. (Aldersgate Day, to you United Methodists!) What a journey we have been on together -starting out in a small, second floor apartment above a TV repair shop, where my seminary roommate (Jeff Kahl, now the associate pastor at Bakerstown UMC) still lived, then to a smaller basement apartment at the seminary while serving a rural 3 point charge deep in Ohio farming country (did I mention that my wife is from Long Island, NY?!?), on to our first appointment in WPA and our first real house, and ending up here in Johnstown at Bethany UMC. There have been a lot of changes in these first 10 years together, but a lot of consistency as well. God has guided us through many transitions, and we believe He will continue to lead us in our marriage and in our ministry.

4 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

It's amazing how quickly time can fly; Robyn and I wlll celebrate our 16th year of marriage this July. Unbelievable. Next fall, it will be 20 years since we met...that makes me feel old (also, I met Dayton at the same time...and he is old!).

Unknown said...

Hey bro, we just celebrated #11 on May 25th! We were married out in California though.

Oh, and welcome to the blogging world my friend. It is nice to reconnect with you after all these years. I still remember going to that little diner after Prime Time and doing card tricks for anyone who would watch.

Good times and good memories Jeff!

Jeff Vanderhoff said...

We definitely had some good times in college, and didn't even need alcohol! Congratulations on 11 years and counting. Are you still in touch with any other Crusaders?

Unknown said...

Sam Shellenberger, John Hofbauer and Dave Young... that is about all.