Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Teenager is Driving!


My daughter Gabby turned 18 in April, and just passed her permit test last week. I'm very proud of her for this new step forward into adulthood, but I'm also FREAKING TERRIFIED! There is so much that could go wrong, and it's so hard to know whether she is safe or not. We've tried to prepare her as best as we can, and we'll have to trust that God will watch over her when we can't. That certainly isn't easy, but hopefully we'll figure out how to do that soon! My hair is turning grey at an increasingly alarming rate! Please pray for Gabby, and for my wife and me!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh the things we worry about as parents of teenagers. Thankfully, I don't worry much anymore about my teenaged girls driving. One has been driving for 2 years and the other for a year. I have a completely different worry. My oldest turned 18 in February and I'm so afraid the big, bad world is going to eat her up and spit her out. I'm not able to protect her as much as before and after she graduates in June, even less.

The greatest thing that happened when my girls started driving is I regained my freedom. I didn't have to drive them to every place or event anymore. I now send them to the store for menial things such as milk and bread. Yes... freedom has become a great thing for my husband and I! In a few months, you'll say, "What was I so worried about?" Since she's 18, you're gonna have MUCH more to worry about!! I'm praying for you, my friend... hang in there!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

We're with you, brother, as Christian prepares to take his driving test for his license.

Jeff Kahl said...

Gabby, driving?!? That little girl that used to call me "Uncle Jeff"?

Whoa...Time is moving way too fast!

Brett Probert said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Shadrach just turned 8 this past February!