Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ghost Busters!


Do you believe in ghosts? I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to things like this, but at the same time, I'm fascinated by the paranormal. I like to watch T.A.P.S. sometimes, and I am intrigued by stories of UFOs, Sasquatch, and the Loch Ness Monster. To me, they're interesting legends, and they're entertaining stories, but I really don't believe in ghosts or mythical creatures. However, I know some people who do. One very dear lady in my church very matter-of-factly told me that she has heard her husband (dead for many years now) in her house, and her adult son confirmed this as well. Both of them took it as comforting to think of his spirit still in the house. I've had others tell me that as a man of faith, they're surprised that I don't believe in ghosts, because I can easily take a leap of faith in spiritual things as they relate to God, so why not take a leap of faith in the paranormal? Anyway, I'm fascinated by ghost stories and such, and just wanted to pass along to all of you - you know that prickly feeling you get on the back of your neck? That's THEM!

3 comments:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

I'm with you. All that stuff is WAY interesting, but I'm a skeptic. I'd LOVE it if Bigfoot were real, but I don't think it likely. As far as ghosts, I don't think they exist, largely because of my own theological convictions about bodily resurrection as opposed to a disembodied, ethereal immortality. But it's interesting stuff.

By the way - the Loch Ness Monster is very real. I'll never deny that, and thus hurt the economy of my mother country.

Jeff Kahl said...

C. S. Lewis once wrote that our fascination with ghosts, spirits, and other paranormal stuff is actually a projection of our longing for the ultimate spiritual reality of a life with God.

However, in Vanderhoff's case, I think he's just insane.

Jeff Vanderhoff said...

Kahl - when I die, I'll make sure to come and haunt you!