Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quotable Quotes, Part 2

"Fear is the most powerful of all thoughts with one exception, and that one exception is faith. Faith is the one thing against which fear cannot stand. Day by day, as you fill your mind with faith, there will ultimately be no room left for fear. This is the one great fact that no one should forget: Master faith and you automatically master fear." -Norman Vincent Peale
This is from "The Power of Positive Thinking" and it is a truth that has helped me through many a fearful challenge. I don't know why I am prone to be fearful and filled with worry over things, but I am. I often need to remind myself that my faith (in Christ) is much stronger than my fears. "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world." This NVP quote above is one thing that I use, but I also often recall the promises of Scripture as well. I just like the way this quote is worded.

1 comment:

Jeff Kahl said...

Here's a positive thought for you, Jeffrey: I'm positive you're a punk!
Seriously, a good thing for all of us to remember. I know that in my ministry, I obsess over the one thing that went wrong...or the one person who had a criticism...rather than focusing on the things that went right and all the people who were blessed. Definitely should be the other way around.